Client desired an indoor tennis facility to permit the tennis club to practice and play year round. In addition, the client specified a quality facility with leisure atmosphere, low energy cost and multipurpose usage of the facility for other events. Plans called for a large three-court facility built using Swiss pine and high-eco woodfibre insulation for passive-house energy-efficient performance.
Seventeen hundred cubic metres of insulation give the structure passive-house efficiency, with forty centimetres of GUTEX Thermofibre blow-in woodfibre insulating the walls and roof. As a result, energy costs are extremely low, at about 1500 euros annually, which is comparable to a new single-family home.
- Large 2300-sqm three-court tennis facility with space for 1,100 spectators.
- Built to allow later addition to accommodate 3,000 people.
- Heating costs approximately 90% less than comparable conventional facilities Constant annual temperature of over 15 °C.
- Useable area is 2,284 m2, space (volume) is 14,572 m3.
- Roof U-factor = 0.10 W/m2 K.
- Wall U-factor = 0.11 W/m2 K.
Would you like to see the construction details? You'll find similar constructions described here.
Habiter dans un climat sain et naturel grâce à des matériaux d'excellente qualité venant de Forêt-Noire : voilà la promesse que tient GUTEX.
Le nouveau GUTEX Thermoflex®
Une stabilité de forme unique! Une excellente tenue mécanique, peu de poussière à la pose, pouvoir isolant élevé à long terme.
More reference projects
Progressive wood architecture paired with handsome land villa structure
An engaging symbiosis of contrasts and likenesses